Also, last Wednesday we started school. The first day of school is always so much fun. We start with a scavenger hunt in the house (I had 11 clues for them hidden throughout the house) and they led to a special treat. The first clue was hidden in the balloon so they had to pop it to start their hunt. Then I hid 60 pencils in the living room and dining room and they had to find them. We took pictures, got our stats, and did our first day of school posters. Now we have done 4 days of school. Only 176 to go. :-) I'm excited about a new book I got for the two oldest girls called "Route 66." We are using it as our Bible curriculum and it goes through each of the 66 books of the Bible and gives an overview of each book like, who wrote it (if known), when it was written, what it's about, and a key verse from each book.
I think it may take a couple months to adjust to schooling 3 kids while keeping an eye on a toddler who gets into everything. We started our first day of school by dedicating our school year back to God. Without Him, I couldn't do it!
Here are the kids stats:
Big Girl: 8 yrs
Height - 52 3/4 inches
Weight - 63.2 lbs
L'il Girl: 6 yrs
Height - 50 1/2 inches
Weight - 56.2 lbs
Baby Girl: 5yrs
Height - 42 1/4 inches
Weight - 38.4 lbs
Big Boy: 3 yrs
Height - 39 1/2 inches
Weight - 35.4 lbs
Baby Boy: 19 months
Height - 32 inches
Weight - 26.2 lbs
And here are the pictures from our outing and the first day of school:
![]() |
| Riding our beat up school bus to the first day of school :-) |

![]() |
| Yep, they're a crazy bunch! |






































Great pictures at the train museum Jess and of the first day of school. I really like the way you start the first day of school - making it fun for the kids to get back into their school routine. You will have a big job to school 3 and keep your eye on the other two. Loved the picture of your crazy bunch...and it is neat to see their stats and first day pictures. That is quite the picture of Baby Boy's grin at the museum - is that mischief I see in his eyes???????
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your pictures with us - it is fun to see the kids in their activities.
Love you all bunches
Loved all the pictures!!! It's nice being able to see all the stats for the first day of school. So glad they are really getting into school at this point and hope it stays that way. Hopefully, the boys will behave while school is in especially Baby Boy. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou go mamma*cheers from the sidelines*
ReplyDelete