Wednesday, August 24, 2016

First Day of School 2016/2017

Here we go again!  We started school on August 8.  Today will be day 13 and we're still working on getting into a groove.  The biggest problem I have is trying to keep Baby Boy occupied, out of trouble, and somewhat quiet while I work with the other four kids.  Overall though, it is going well. 

Our days are quite full - taking us until 2pm or so to finish school.  Then we have gymnastics twice a week in the afternoons for our youngest girl and we just started soccer yesterday for our oldest girl and boy.  In a couple weeks, L'il girl will start her art class for the semester. We've been trying to fit in swimming a couple of times a week while we can.  The girls can all swim now and are even doing flips in the water.  Busy, busy, busy - hence the lack of posting.

We kept with our tradition for the first day of school:
  • "Riding" into the living room in the school bus (which is now quite tattered)
  • Scavenger hunt with clues leading to a yummy snack (first clue was in the balloon)
  • Indoor pencil hunt
  • Posters of their stats, hand tracing, self portrait, and whatever else they wanted to draw 
  • Lots and lots of pictures!
Here are the stats:

Big Girl
age - 9
grade - 5
height - 54 3/4 inches
weight - 65.2 lbs

L'il Girl
age - 7
grade - 3
height - 52 3/4 inches
weight - 63 lbs

Baby Girl
age - 6
grade - 1
height - 44 1/2 inches
weight - 44.4 lbs

Big Boy
age - 4
grade - Preschool (and some Kindergarten)
height - 41 3/4 inches
weight - 41 lbs

Baby Boy
age - 2
height - 36 inches
weight - 32.6 lbs

Here are the pictures of our first day.



















3 comments:

  1. Another school year started - I really like the way you do your first day - it is very creative and the kids look like they have a great time with their first day activities. Always enjoy seeing the pictures..and hearing about what they are doing and seeing their stats. You have a beautiful family and fitting everything in surely keeps you busy. They are growing so much and I wish I was able to see all of you more often. Take care - your doing a fantastic job. Love and hugs from Aunt Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, like the way you start each new school year. You make it so much fun for them. I like the first day of school pictures, and information. The pictures are all great,and fun to look at. Thank you Jessica for sharing with us.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that, too. The pictures were great and having the information that you can look back on is really neat. Glad school is finally getting into a pretty good routine now. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete