Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Summer Fun

It's been a fun summer so far and now it's almost time to start back to school.  Here's what we've been up to since blogging last.
  • We've been swimming twice a week in my mom's pool and the girls have progressed a lot in a little amount of time.  It's exciting to see them swimming!  
  • We've been going to the library more regularly and the two oldest girls have been doing a lot of reading this summer.
  • We went to visit my granddad the weekend before last and stopped at a museum on the way home.
  • We took the girls to their first baseball game.
  • The girls had a sleepover this past weekend with my cousin. We had just the boys for an evening, so we took them out to eat.  How different to only go out with two children instead of five!
  • Our friend's daughter celebrated her 5th birthday with a balloon party.  The kids got to pick what kind of balloon animal or sword/wand they wanted.
  • Baby Boy decided he needed a haircut.  He cut the front of his hair (both side on the front and left the middle long) while I was in the shower.  So now it's so short that he doesn't even look like the same boy.
  • Baby Girl lost her 2nd tooth.
  • L'il Girl has been using her art skills to decorate our walkway each morning when she goes out to say "bye" to Daddy when he leaves for work.  She's done some really colorful chalk drawings.

































proud of the haircut he gave himself

this is after I fixed it to make it even










he wouldn't stand still for a picture - he just wanted to play with his balloon sword







2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look at the fun you are all having this summer!! The pool looks so inviting. I'm glad you have a pool to get into on these hot days. I love to hear that you go to the library and the girls enjoy reading.
    A baseball game, that was nice to see I'm sure.I saw the pictures of the sleepover, how nice for the girls to be able to do that.
    The museum pictures are great. Dressing up is always fun. What museum was that? Looks like there were some interesting facts to be learned there.
    What a great birthday party, I like the balloon creations. He is good at making them.
    I'm sure there are more loose teeth that our girl has even now ready to come out. Maybe she will have one ready for Grandma to pull out.
    The children always look terrific in their Sunday clothes. I love those pics.
    The artwork is very nice on the sidewalk. She will run out of space to draw. Thank you Jessica again for sharing your good times with us.
    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing all the pictures!!! It is hard to believe the summer is practically over. That museum really looked interesting. Didn't realize there was that much there to see. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete