Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 4th Weekend +

We enjoyed our July 4th weekend (at least most of it).  We spent Saturday exploring downtown which included a ride on the trolley.  The kids loved that part!  It was a very enjoyable day as a family.

Sunday morning at 4am, Hubby woke me up saying he was having severe pain in his abdomen.  We got a neighbor to come over and wait with the kids until my mom could arrive and we headed to the ER.  Turns out he had a kidney stone.  They gave him some medication for the pain.  He spent 3 hours dealing with the pain.  Thankfully, he was able to pass the stone the next morning.

Then on July 4th, we went to our neighbor's house for a cookout, outdoor games, and fireworks.  It was a really good time.  The girls did a puppet show which gave a little history of why we celebrate Independence Day.

I'm still busy organizing and decluttering.  I'm trying to get as much done as I can while we are on our summer break.  We also went swimming in Nana's pool yesterday for the first time this summer.  I hope we can go a couple times a week so the kids can get comfortable with the water and hopefully learn to swim.  After just 2 hours in the pool yesterday, L'il Girl was swimming underwater some. 



Exploring downtown







July 4














my marker cap holder project









3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Jessica - looks like everyone was having a fun time. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures Jess. The kids were really having a lot of fun. Your neighbours were having fun too by the looks of it. I love the little statues added to downtown ;) The marker container looks interesting. The garage, what an ideal place for painting and keeping the mess outside! The fireworks must have been so much fun. I haven"t seen any in years, and I miss them. Thank you for sharing.
    love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing all the great pictures! So nice seeing the kids having fun times in all they were doing. That tree root was really neat. Was trying to figure out where it was.

    ReplyDelete