As you can tell from the title of this post, we have been sick, at least 3 of the 5 of us. Thankfully I have been well thus far and so has Baby Girl. It started Saturday night at 11:30 or so. Both Big Girl and L'il Girl had thrown up in their beds. They continually vomited into the morning at least every half hour for over 8 hours. Sometimes it was synchronized. Yes, we had to have two garbage pails handy. And that brings us to now, 20+ loads of laundry later and several garbage bags later, here we are on Tuesday and the girls are getting better, but still not over it. It's so pitiful to see them this way. Especially Big Girl. She usually can't go anywhere without a jump in her step and for the last two days, now going on three, she has been laying down all day long. L'il Girl gets up and plays and sometimes seems completely normal, but today she has been laying around too.
Hubby came down with it yesterday, but it has been affecting him differently. And that's all I need to say about that.
So pray for us! It's been a rough last couple of days and we're ready for things to be normal again. With the Thanksgiving holiday this week, I have been thinking lately about all I have to be thankful for. Before the sickness hit, I was thinking how thankful I am for the health of my family. I know of others who struggle with sickness, disease, and pain on a regular basis, and overall we have very little sickness. Then with this sickness hitting the family it makes me even more thankful for the good health that we enjoy most of the year and that the sickness is so very temporary. Even the 8+ hour night of continual vomiting (which felt like it was never going to end) is behind us and hopefully not something we will have to endure for a while to come if ever again. Thank God for how he watches over us and cares for us and helps us through those difficult times.
Ok, I have to go now and tend to my needy L'il Girl who has been wanting her Mommy even more than usual. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We have been praying for you all and are so glad that it looks like things are getting back to normal!!! Please let L'il Girl know that Nana sure enjoyed her singing on the phone today but so sorry she dropped the phone on her foot! I could feel it on the other end. :) Love to you all
ReplyDeleteI meant to add, too, that we are praying so much that you and Baby Girl don't get sick! I didn't word that exactly right about the normal part in my first comment. I meant to say that glad it looked like the sick ones were starting to feel better and hoped everything would be back to normal soon.
ReplyDeleteI trust things are much better for you all now, and that you and the baby will stay healthy Jess.
ReplyDelete"HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to you.
Mom
Trust you are doing well and that those "icky days" are now behind you all.Happy thanksgiving to all down south;)
ReplyDelete