Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Girl's 12 month appointment and the Sleepover

Wow, I have put off blogging for way too long.  It took me a while to go through all the pictures I've taken over the last week and a bit and pick some out to post on here.

We had our niece and nephew over this past Friday night for a sleepover and had a great time with them.  We played on the slip and slide and in the sprinkler, painted by number, finger painted, played twister, made pancake faces and had a picnic.  You'll see several pictures from our weekend with them.

It's been a while since I gave any updates on what Baby Girl is up to nowadays.  First off, she had her 12 month appointment last week and I was surprised just how low her weight was.  She's an ounce shy of 19 pounds (35th percentile) and she is 29 inches long (41st percentile).  Big Girl and L'il Girl were well over 20 pounds by the time they turned one.  It's amazing how different Baby Girl has been.  She's doing a lot now.  She waves and says "hi" and "bye-bye".  She shakes and nods her head, often when you ask her a question.  She imitates sounds and facial expressions.  She dances - I've been trying to catch her on video, but no success yet.  She's very daring - she loves to climb on the little folding chairs and stand.  Her hair is really growing now and she currently has 3 teeth, all on middle left (2 top, 1 bottom).  She sucks her thumb a lot!  Her vocab consists of Mama, Dada, Nana, Papa, uh-oh, oh, hi, bye-bye, and ba-ba (for baby). 

L'il Girl is our accessory queen!  She loves wearing shoes, sunglasses, bracelets, watches, tiaras, and anything that makes her look more beautiful! :-)

And with that, here are lots of pictures I have taken since blogging last.  Enjoy!




notice the rain boots










































4 comments:

  1. Hi All
    Not a pancake lover,but like the looks of that one.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to bloging;)...it is always fun to see/read updates ect.So happy you are all doing well!Viewing this here blog almost makes me wish it was breakfast time so that I could play with my food...lol....even the picnic/playtime looks inviting...anyway great to see all and take care while enjoy what'er the week brings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the pictures!!! That was such a cute one of the cousins on the stairs! So glad the cousins had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Can't possibly comment on every picture,although I would like to. It is great seeing the kids get together. They certainly had a wonderful time from the pictures. I wish the kids here could join their cousins in all the fun and activities. The pictures truly are great to see. BTW,what is hubby doing at the end of the table? Can't tell whether he is painting too or doing something else. Thank you for sharing Jessica.

    ReplyDelete