Monday, October 17, 2011

No more Ma-ma or Da-da & Potty Training update

I have to post this - otherwise I will forget when it happened.  Baby Girl has now transitioned from calling us Mama and Dada to Mommy and Daddy.  There was no prompting on our end.  It just happened.  She says Daddy way more than she says Mommy and it is so cute to hear her say it because she distinctly says each syllable, almost with an emphasis more on the last syllable than the first.  It's hard to describe.  I really need to catch her saying it on video.  It's always a milestone when your child changes how they reference you.

The nesting phase has begun!  I hate feeling disorganized, although if you saw our master closet or pantry a week ago you might not believe that.  They were on my list of places to organize and I finally did it over the weekend.  It's amazing how good it feels to get organized!  I have lots of other things on my list, but it's great to get this done.

In potty training news, I was about to give up this past Friday.  I know it takes effort on the child to potty train, but sometimes I think it's more effort on the part of the parent for it to really happen.  L'il Girl had some fairly good days, but then Friday she made a couple of really big messes, not in her diaper, not in her pull-up, but in her underwear and beyond, if you know what I mean!  Mommy was not very impressed.  But thankfully, Saturday she was down to just one mess and then yesterday she went all day with the same pull-up on (and that was with being at church too!)  I'm so proud of her and keep telling her that!  She seems very proud of herself too.  Her ultimate "reward" is a really pretty pink dress-up type dress and a tiara.  Hopefully we can crown her the "potty princess" before the week is over.  We did that with Big Girl when she was officially potty trained as her last reward and then she just knew that she had to use the potty without any rewards. Hopefully it will work as well this time around.

And now for a few pictures from Thursday and Sunday:

   

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!!! Oh... she's getting to be a big girl Mommy. Growing so quickly. Hopefully the potty training will be completed soon. I don't think the next one will be very hard to do. At least your hoping I'm sure.
    A week ago Sat. I believe, I smelled little miss and knew she was about to fill her pants. I quickly put her on the potty where she did both for me. Just in time for Mommy and Daddy's praise. We were all excited.
    Thanks for sharing Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for successes in potty training! that is so draining on a parent (especially when pregnant - but I think it's worse when your nursing) so keep at! Looking forward to hearing that little girl has been crowned the Potty Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures of our girls!!! We are really proud of how L'il girl has done! She did really great today as well so looks like she might be crowned "Potty Princess" real soon.

    So glad you were able to get some things done that you had on your to do list. That always makes you feel great when you're able to get them accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a long time since I've popped in for a visit... it's a slow day at work;) It's nice to see how big the girls are getting but at the same time I'm reminded how long it has been since we've seen them in person!

    Thanks for posting the pics, I know gathering up all three to sit for a picture can a chore - I try and avoid it, but it's nice to have once it's over;)

    ReplyDelete