Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snow - here and gone

I bought the girls umbrellas for Valentine's Day and they've been anxious to use them.  So today when it started sleeting, I thought it would be fun for them to take their umbrellas out.  It snowed a little before we went outside, but soon after we were out, the snow came down quite heavy, although the temperature was above freezing.  Initially it melted when it hit the ground, but when it was coming down heavy, it actually dusted the yard for a little while.  The girls were so excited.  They were running around squealing with delight and trying to "eat" the snowflakes as they fell.  Big Girl really wanted to make a snow angel, but I didn't even want her to try because it would have just been a mud angel. :-)  Anyways, we were outside for a little over an hour and within 30 minutes of coming inside, it had all melted and you wouldn't have known it snowed.

we observed from the front porch

3 comments:

  1. The girls sure looked like they had fun in the snow with their cute umbrellas. I loved the second picture of little boy....almost like he was saying "you really don't want me to go out in that do you". Such cutie pies the whole bunch of them. Always love seeing the picture Jess.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so do love these pictures!!!!! The oldest does look excited about the snow. So glad it stayed long enough for the girls to have fun in it. I would have been out there too enjoying it. The pictures are all cute. The girls seem to love their umbrellas. I too like the second picture of our little guy. He really resembles sweet girl #3 in this photo,I think. Thanks Jess for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet the girls look with their umbrellas! That was a neat Valentine's present. They really looked like they loved using them. The snow sure was pretty while it lasted which wasn't long enough. :-) Loved all the pictures! The two of our boy were so cute!

    Lots of love and prayers sent your way

    ReplyDelete