Friday, September 13, 2013

Co-op & a Praise

I've been meaning to blog since Monday, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.  Co-op started Monday and the kids had a great time.  I'm looking forward to another year of Co-op, this time with all the kids going, Big Girl in 2nd grade, L'il Girl in Kindergarten, and the other two in preschool.  Both older girls have geography, grammar, and PE, and then an art/craft type class.

I have praise to share too!  I went to the doc on Tuesday and got my blood drawn again to do another platelet count.  My numbers have been going down since being pregnant.

162,000 on 5/22/13 (which is in the normal range of 150,000 to 400,000)
117,000 on 7/22/13
92,000  on 8/14/13

They said if I drop below 75,000, then they want to put me on steroids (Prednisone), which I really don't want to take if I don't have to.

Well, I got the results from Tuesday's bloodwork and my platelets are up to 137,000!  Praise God!  Please pray that they continue to stay up throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

ready to go to Co-op


4 comments:

  1. What fantastic news regarding the platelets - will definitely be praying that they stay up.
    Love the pictures - they look like they were ready and happy to be going to co-op. That sounds like a great program and it gives Mom a bit of a break or do you stay and help.

    You take care my dear and will keep on praying.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt L! Yes, it is a great program. To keep costs down though, one parent works while their kids are there, so I work for 2.5 of the 3 hours that they are there. I enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful that your platelet count has gone up!!! That is a huge blessing for sure!!! We are so-so thankful for that and we'll continue to pray.

    Such cute pictures of the kids getting ready to go for Co-op. They did enjoy it, indeed! So glad they have that opportunity.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord Jess for such a great report from your blood work!! That is really super. I will be praying it continues to be where it should be.

    I enjoyed our Big girl calling to tell me all about her first day at Co-op. :) They are great pics of the kids. It IS a great program for them. Thanks for sharing Jess.

    ReplyDelete