Here's what else we've been to. We finally painted the clay ornaments that the kids made 2 years ago. :-) We finished co-op for December and had a Christmas party. We made, decorated, and ingested gingerbread cookies.
We have also started Advent devotions complete with an Advent wreath. The kids love lighting the candles each night (and blowing them out). I think it is a wonderful way to help the kids remember that our focus this time of year should be on our Saviour. We are reading the book called "We Light the Candles." They look forward to devotion time and beg to do it! We also just started what I hope to be a new tradition last night. When we get Christmas cards, we save them for that evening, and read them to the kids, and then we pray for the people who sent them or gave them to us before I put the cards on display.
Amidst all that, Christmas shopping, school, and the regular chaos of life with five kids, I am finding it harder and harder to blog. I finally sat down on Sunday afternoon and got the pictures from the last 2 weeks off my camera and phone. And now while the kids are working on math, between answering their questions, I am writing this post. Hopefully next time I can do a Thanksgiving post with pics.
![]() |
| the primary tree decorators |
![]() |
| first night of Advent, with the candle of promise lit |
![]() |
| co-op Christmas party |



















I don't know how you have any time to blog at all with everything going on. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. It does look like everyone had lots of fun. Maybe things will slow up eventually. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove to all
It looks very Christmasy at your place. :) What fun they must have had decorating the tree. I like your devotional theme, and all that goes with it. They look like they're having fun decorating their clay ornaments, and also at the co-op party. What yummy looking gingerbread cookies too. You are a busy lady for sure! Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteLove to all
Also at co-op