The days are busy and just fly by! After 4 years of homeschooling, I feel like I finally have a good routine down with the kids. Not that our school days are perfect by any means, but we are getting everything done that needs to be done and the kids still have free time during the day. Some days are much harder than others, but by God's grace, it's working and the kids are learning what they are supposed to be learning. We're using 3rd grade Abeka Science and History for the two oldest and right now they are two of my favorite subjects! I didn't enjoy them that much as a kid, but they're fun to teach! We have completed 140 days of our 180 day school year, so we should be finishing up early to mid June for a summer break. I think I'm more ready for a break than the kids are!
We had some dear friends visit us in mid March. They were here for a week and we had a wonderful time with them! So this post is dedicated to them and the time they spent with us.
 |
| Getting ready for their first movie in the theater (our girls that is). It was a Daddy/Daughter date and they watched the new Cinderella movie. I think their favorite part was the huge bucket of popcorn! |
 |
| They became good buddies fast! |
 |
| Learning about abstract art at co-op |
 |
| 3/17 marked the 1 year anniversary of Dad's death. My mom got balloons for the kids to release at the cemetery. |
Great pictures Jessica - everyone looked like they had a fantastic time together. The art picture looked like fun as well. Watched the video for the release of the balloons - a neat idea. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteGoing to Jeff's for Easter so looking forward to that. Wishing all of you there a Happy Easter as we remember this special time of Jesus' sacrifice for us. God Bless !
Love to all.
Great pictures!!! So glad you all had a wonderful time together!
ReplyDelete