Monday, April 12, 2010

Bad driveway

After arriving at home this afternoon, I let Big Girl out of the van to walk to the front door on her own and went to the other side of the van to get Baby Girl. Then I turned to look and Big Girl came running back towards me on our concrete driveway, tripped, fell on her knees, then proceeded to bonk herself on the face. All in all, she scraped both knees, both hands, and the left side of her face. Thankfully the scrapes aren't nearly as bad as they could have been, but it sure wasn't pleasant. I finally got her settled down, but then she nearly had a fit when we went to clean the wounds. I asked her what would make her feel better and offered her a miniature marshmallow for each of her boo-boos if she could count them for me. Wow, that did the trick. I think she wished she had more than 6 boo-boos. :-)




And since those pictures weren't so flattering, here are some from Friday that are much more flattering. It's the first time I've tried French-braiding her hair. It looked so cute, but didn't last very long. She has thin, fine hair like her Mommy. :-)


3 comments:

  1. Oh..... our poor girl!!!!!That must have really hurt.I'm glad it didn't turn out worse.Mommys know how to make things better.
    I love the french braid,it looks so cute on her.Her hair is getting long.Thanks for sharing.
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    She is pretty like her Mom
    love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so sorry about our girl's accident!!! She seemed to take it really well, though! I love her hair in the French braid. It looks so adorable!
    The countdown is getting lower everyday!:)

    ReplyDelete