Friday, December 20, 2013

One More Day!

I went to the doctor yesterday and I am now at 3cm and 75% effaced.  I also had an ultrasound and this "little" guy is estimated to weigh 8 lbs 7oz, give or take 1 lb either way.  I am going in to the hospital tomorrow morning around 7am to be induced.  Please pray for a smooth and safe delivery and that I won't have bleeding issues like the last time.  My platelet count has been holding steady around 80,000 to 85,000 and the doctor said he'd like to see it above 100,000, but it could be worse and the fact that it's holding steady and not going down is good. I'm not super excited about being on pitocin since I don't get an epidural, but hopefully it will go quickly and by tomorrow afternoon we'll be holding our little guy in our arms!

2 comments:

  1. That's weird- they don't offer an epidural when being induced? I remember when I was induced I kept having to tell the nurse NOT to page the anesthesiologist because I didn't want an epidural. Must be different there. But you'll be so happy to meet your new little L boy! :) We will pray for you! Merry Christmas! KD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that they don't give me an option, I just haven't had an epidural in the past and wasn't planning to get one this time. It would probably be risky anyways with my low platelet count. Some won't give you an epidural if your platelet count is below 100,000.

      Delete