Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Adjustment to 5

Some people say the hardest adjustment is going from 2 to 3 kids because then the kids outnumber the parents.  I really didn't find it difficult going from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or even 3 to 4.  However, 5 seems to be the adjustment number for us.  When we're out somewhere, we have now resorted to a numbering system versus a name system.  Hubby will say, "I have 3, you get the other 2" instead of saying who he has.  It's just easier this way. We are always counting when we are out to make sure we have them all. 

On that note, I had a scary moment at co-op this week.  I was walking out to the parking lot with all five kids.  I had Baby Boy in his carrier in one hand and was holding Big Boy with my other arm and the girls were walking ahead of me.  I realized that I could only see the girls and knew that Baby Boy couldn't run off, so I started looking all around me for Big Boy (forgetting that I was holding him).  :-) For a few scary seconds, I had no idea where he was.  The parking lot at co-op is busy at this time because everyone is leaving.  I even asked the girls where he was, but they didn't hear me because they were walking ahead of me. When it dawned on me that I was actually holding Big Boy, I felt stupid!  I can't even keep track of them when I'm holding them. :-) 

2/17 first bottle feeding - he was not impressed
look who got into the markers

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I had to chuckle at your looking for Big Boy when you were holding him because that reminds me how people look for their glasses and then realize they're wearing them which I have done before, too! :-) Sounds like you've worked out a good system with Hubby for the number count. So cute of Big Boy with the markers. Glad you got the picture of him in the act.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. What handsome guys you have, young and older.:) It does get a little nerve wracking when you have all of them with you alone, and your out. Love the picture of Hubby feeding baby boy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete