Sunday, October 19, 2014

Grandma's Homegoing

Heaven gained another precious soul on Friday when my sweet Grandma went to meet her Saviour.  Her death was not expected by us, but we knew that whenever God called her home, she was ready.  She was a dear lady who was such a godly testimony and was always talking about Jesus.  Now she is with Him and I am so happy for her, but my heart hurts for those left behind, especially Granddad, Mom, and my aunt.  God allowed my grandparents to celebrate one more anniversary this month.  It was their 69th and Mom and my aunt made it a big celebration.  That was the last time I saw Grandma.  She also just had her 87th birthday the day before she died.  I'm thankful for the hope I have in Jesus in that I will see Grandma and Dad again when I go to heaven!  I'm also glad that all my children got to meet their great grandmother and that the oldest ones are old enough to have memories of her.


1 comment:

  1. Even with all the sadness, we did have some things to be thankful for. Grandma was so thrilled with the anniversary celebration and she also enjoyed her birthday very much! I have the great memory of her and I talking about your dad in Heaven just before the accident. Knowing she's now there with him is a big comfort. We do miss her so much but we have the hope of seeing her again. Heaven does get sweeter and sweeter!

    Love to all

    ReplyDelete