
This post is mainly so I can remember this wonderful toddler stage. I'm probably forgetting some things, but hopefully this covers the majority of them. I don't have them in any particular order, just as I think of them. I'm sure Daddy and Nana might be able to think of some others too, but here's Mommy's list.
Favorite Quotes
- "Are you a girl?" or "Are you a boy?" - we hear this question several times a day, especially when we get together with people. She asks them over and over again. Thankfully she gets it right most of the time. :-)
- "It's a beautiful day." - doesn't matter what the weather's like outside...it's always a beautiful day.
- "I love my baby sister." - so sweet!
- "This is my baby sister, and my mommy, and my daddy." She tells this to total strangers as well as to family and friends, just in case they didn't already know. :-)
- "Cry" which sounds more like "Fry". This one needs explanation. She likes us to pretend to cry and then she says "Want your mommy?" at which point she pretends to be the mommy and gives hugs and kisses. Mommy and Daddy enjoy this game and take full advantage. :-)
- "I want you Mommy!" or "I want you Daddy!" - if we're laying down this means cuddle, otherwise it means stop what you're doing and pick her up
- "Play with me." - usually involves sitting on the floor playing with her dolls or little figurines. She either tells you how to play with them or just watches you play with them.
- "I'm not tired." - ha, yeah right!
- "I'm full." - this comment comes after taking one bite of her meal
- "No, don't ..." She likes to tell us not to do things, like "No, don't say that" or "Don't feed her" (talking about her baby sister)
- "You like that song?" - she'll make up a song and then ask us this
- "No, [sister's name]" - usually said when her sister is crying
- "She's hungry." - if she doesn't say #12 when her sister cries, she says this
- "I don't know." - often sounds like "I know"
Favorite Foods/Snacks
- Bread
- Rice Krispies
- Cherrios
- Eggs
- Cereal Bars
- Yogurt
- Cheese
- Raisins
- Puffs
- Chicken
- Ham
- Pizza (and it's all downhill from here)
- Potato Chips
- Ice Cream (should probably be #1 on the list)
- Cookies
Favorite Songs (she probably knows 40+ songs)
- Jesus Loves Me
- The B-I-B-L-E
- My God is So Big
- Jesus Loves the Little Children
- I Believe in God the Father
- Deep & Wide
- Jingle Bells (she tries to play this one on the piano)
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- The Wheels on the Bus
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Go, Dog, Go
- Green Eggs & Ham
- Ten Apples Up on Top
- Little Bear
- Max & Ruby
- Biscuit
- Goodnight Moon
- The Potty Book for Girls
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Rhyme Time Bible Story Book
- Fisher Price My First Dollhouse and the figurines
- Weebles
- Little People
- Dora & Diego figurines
- Baby dolls
- Kitchen set and play food
- Balls - she can throw pretty good now
- Little Bear
- Max & Ruby
- Dora
- Diego
- Backyardigans
- Super Why
- Blues Clues
- Wonder Pets
- Franklin
Verses She Can Recite
- Genesis 1:1
- Romans 3:23
- John 3:16
- Ephesians 6:1
- I John 4:19
- Ephesians 4:32
- Isaiah 53:6a

Wow! This is quite the list of likes and accomplishments.Grandma is very impressed with all the Bible verses you know.It really thrills my heart to know you are learning Gods Word, and singing songs about Him.Way to go Larkyn!
ReplyDeleteAs I read the quotes, I can just hear Larkyn saying them-- so sweet! They grow up TOO fast so enjoy every minute. I am enjoying the second time around!!! I loved the video with Larkyn singing "Daisy"!
ReplyDeleteYes, I am so proud of her. I could hear her saying all the quotes as I was writing them too and hear the expression in her voice. Thank you to both mom's for leaving comments on my blog. I enjoy reading the comments, so keep them coming. :-)
ReplyDelete