Monday, December 5, 2011

Prayer Request & Pics from Busy Weekend

Wow, what a weekend!  Friday was spent making cookies for Saturday's annual cookie swap / Christmas breakfast with the church ladies and and preparing for a 5 hour youth event at church on Saturday.  Then Saturday, we had the breakfast, I came home, got the girls their lunch and got ready to set up for our youth event.  It took a lot of preparation, but was well worth it.  We had 11 kids and they all really seemed to enjoy themselves.  I think I overdid it though because I didn't quite feel normal Saturday night and just wanted to lay down when we got home.  Then yesterday after church I had a bit of spotting in the early afternoon, which can be insignificant or could be a sign of something bad.  This is the first time I've had this happen in the last trimester.  We went to a friends house for lunch and on the way home I told hubby I should just take it easy the rest of the night and not go to our evening service.  So he called and got someone to fill his spot as song leader so he could stay home and watch the girls while I rested.  I called the nurse yesterday and she said to just stay off my feet the rest of the day and hopefully it would ease up.  I scheduled an appointment for this afternoon just to check and make sure everything is ok.  At this point, I feel like things are probably ok, but would like to be certain.  Please pray the spotting isn't a sign of something wrong and that it will go away on its own. 

Yesterday at church the children sang.  Big Girl knew her song really well and at first when the children went up she acted like she wasn't going to go and then went up last minute.  I was so proud of her!  She did really well, that is, until the very end.  See the video for the surprise ending. :-)  Poor girl, she told me afterwards that she forgot a word. I had someone sitting in front of me blocking my view, so I was leaning out in the aisle trying to get the video.  That explains it being crooked and not so steady. :-) 


I took a couple pictures of the girls when we got home from church.  They always look so beautiful in their Sunday dresses!

6 comments:

  1. We'll definitely keep that in prayer. Keep us updated when you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you in my prayers! I'm sure everything will be fine; when I had my bleeding I read up on it and it said it's usually fine as long as there are not contractions associated with it (like more than 4 in a 1-hour period). That's what sent me to the hospital: spotting AND about 4 contractions in a 30-minute period. Yikes! Take it easy for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....you will most certainly be in our thoughts and prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K'so I watched the video after I posted my comment above...that is too CUTE...she did great,it is so wonderful to see the kiddoes be involved in such service;)I love,love LOVE watching them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definitely are praying and are so thankful that all checked out fine at the doctor's appointment this afternoon!

    Thanks for sharing the video of the children singing. It's always nice to hear them sing. They all did great including Big Girl! She just added a little different ending to the song. :) It can be scary forgetting your words when you're up in front of people.

    I loved both pictures of our beautiful girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are certainly in our prayers sweetheart. Glad to hear things seem better after your appointment. Make sure you get some rest.
    The pictures are cute of the girls,they do always look nice in their pretty dresses.
    Loved the video of the kids singing. Thank you for sharing,you know how much I enjoy seeing/hearing them participating at church. Take care

    ReplyDelete