Monday, July 8, 2013

Little Flutters

I'm 15 weeks now and for about a week and a half I've been feeling those familiar little flutters.  Even the 5th time around, that feeling is truly amazing!  Feeling a little life moving inside me when it's still so small and still has several more weeks to develop is such an incredible feeling.  I felt #4 when I was just 13 weeks too.  I usually don't feel the baby until night time when I am laying down.  That's when I really notice the flutters.  It's too early to feel it on the outside though.  I'm thankful God gives us expectant mothers this blessing!  It makes the many weeks of sickness and discomfort more bearable.

Speaking of discomfort, :-)  I have some vein issues in my left leg that have started up early this time around.  They bulge and throb and it doesn't take very long standing before it gets really uncomfortable.  So I ordered some maternity compression stockings and they arrived this weekend.  It's not a cure, but helps hold the veins in so they don't bulge and hence don't throb.  To compress the veins, they are really tight, so it is quite a task trying to put them on in the mornings.  I thought I was going to injure my shoulder this morning trying to get them over my heels. :-) At least they give me relief during the day, but I might not be spending as much time outdoors this summer because they are hot!  Oh, just 25 weeks to go.

2 comments:

  1. The flutters/baby movements are some of the great joys of pregnancy. Of course, you got that along with the other stuff which may not be too pleasant. Sorry about vein issue. That is one of the unpleasant things, for sure! The hot summer months can be hard during pregnancy times as well. Praying the stockings will help and the time will pass quickly for you.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the stockings give you some relief from your veins. They are not pleasant to wear,I know. How exciting to feel the baby flutters and to know you have a precious gift growing inside you. Praying you get time to sit and put your legs up. Thank goodness you have four others that can help out some what.

    Love you Jess

    ReplyDelete