Saturday, December 8, 2012

10 Months Already / Colds / Haircut

I somehow missed that our boy turned 10 months old on Thursday.  So I didn't get pictures of him that day. :( He walks assisted a lot now and I've seen him standing, then let go of what he was holding on to and stand unsupported for a few seconds before reaching for support again.  He leaves his "walkers" all over the house.  He grabs one of the kid sized chairs and pushes it around.  Yesterday he got one and it went faster than usual and he was practically running behind it trying to keep up. :-) 

Baby Boy has been sick with a cold and now Hubby has it.  Also, L'il Girl has had an on and off cough for a little over a month now that just won't seem to go away, so I took her to the doc on Thursday and he diagnosed her with bronchitis and prescribed antibiotics.  Still no improvement, but I'm hoping it will clear up soon.  For the last part of this year, we seem to be having a hard time getting rid of sickness around here, mainly colds.

I got my hair cut on Wednesday.  I go through phases where I grow it out long and then I'll get a few inches chopped off, just to grow it out again.  This time I got probably 6+ inches off and layers.  It's nice for a change.

It's been a busy day - grocery shopping and then church practice for the Christmas program next Sunday.  I'm off to try a homemade chicken noodle soup recipe and then it's bath time for the 4 kids and bed time.

One week's laundry for 6 - I just dump it all on the living room floor and get to sorting and folding.  Baby Girl was playing on the pile like it was a pile of leaves. :-)
He hit a dead end.  :-)


so sweet - usually it's just Big Girl who sits at the piano, but this morning they all wanted to play at the same time.  Big Girl was showing L'il Girl how to play "Joy to the World"
  

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big they are all getting. Very cute! And your hair looks fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures and the videos, too!!! That is so sweet with the kids at the piano. Big Girl is really doing great with the piano! She also is very good with trying to show her sisters how to play the songs she knows.

    My, oh my, what a lot of clothes to go through. I sure don't envy you there! :-) You do have some wonderful help, though. :-)

    I do love your new style and cut! Your longer hair was great, too, but sometimes it does feel nice to have a change.

    Our boy is doing wonderful with the walking! What a great idea to use the chair and he does it so well. He even realized it worked better turned the other way! He's one smart little guy!!! Is it possible that in 2 more months, he'll be 1 year old?!

    Thanks for sharing all and love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great Jess. In the first one,if you didn't see the hair,you'd think she was part of the laundry pile.
    Love the pictures and videos of our boy on the go. If it works to get you where you want to go and doesn't harm the floor or furniture,go with it!! The videos are so cute.
    Love the pictures of the kids around the piano. I like that Big girl wants to share what she knows with the others. Hopefully they will all have a desire to play.
    I like your long hair on you, but I also know it can be too much sometimes and you just need to change it up a bit. I like your new look. How do you like the layers? Do you find there is a little more care (time) involved with this style?
    Thanks Jess for sharing with us.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete