Friday, December 28, 2012

Flu

As you can tell from the title of the post, we have the flu.  5 of the 6 of us are down with it and Baby Boy now has the starting symptoms - cough and sneezing.  Oh, what nasty stuff!  L'il Girl came down with it first on Christmas Eve, then Big Girl and Baby Girl the morning after Christmas and Hubby and I that evening.  I've been trying to stay medicated and that has helped some, but the cough is so persistent and just terrible!

The good news is, I had already scheduled time off of work through next Tuesday.  The bad news is how I am having to spend my time off work. :-(

I need to make this a short post, but did want to update you on Baby Boy.  For the last month or so, he has started to let go of what he's holding on to and just stand without support.  On Christmas day, and since, he has been doing it a lot and I even saw him bend down and stand back up without holding on to anything.  This morning I saw him take one step forward without holding on to anything to grab on to the ledge of the armoire.  I think he'll be walking in the next month.

I took a lot of pictures from Christmas day, but haven't had a chance to upload them to the computer yet.  Once things settle down here I will do a Christmas post.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We did in spite of the sickness.

3 comments:

  1. Oh,so sorry to hear all of you are sick as well. Alissa called when they got home to say they were not well. This is a bad year for sickness. You all just got over colds and now this!! As I was telling Alissa, I don't like hearing about the babies being sick. You feel so bad for them trying to cope with the congestion. Hope it will not last long with you all. Praying for you.
    Wonderful hearing about our boy striving to reach those milestones. He will be walking shortly. Thank you for sharing Jess, take care of yourself.
    We did have a wonderful day with Dad,and all the family up here. We had a white Christmas after all.
    Love, hugs and kisses to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second attempt at making a comment. Made one a while ago and thought it posted but it didn't. Our internet is going and coming today.

    I was saying that this flu is definitely no respecter if persons. It manages to catch about everybody and does take its toll on you! Glad our boy seems to have escaped it so far and we pray that he does because his little cousin is in such misery with her case of it. We pray all of you will be well soon and hopefully, you can enjoy at least some of your vacation. It's so hard being sick and having to take care of little ones, too.

    Also, so happy about our boy's newest achievement and sounds like he'll be walking all over on his own very soon!

    Praying for you all

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second attempt at making a comment. Made one a while ago and thought it posted but it didn't. Our internet is going and coming today.

    I was saying that this flu is definitely no respecter if persons. It manages to catch about everybody and does take its toll on you! Glad our boy seems to have escaped it so far and we pray that he does because his little cousin is in such misery with her case of it. We pray all of you will be well soon and hopefully, you can enjoy at least some of your vacation. It's so hard being sick and having to take care of little ones, too.

    Also, so happy about our boy's newest achievement and sounds like he'll be walking all over on his own very soon!

    Praying for you all

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete