Tuesday, August 27, 2013

2013/2014 School Year

Post 2 of 2 today

We started back to school today.  I wanted to start back last week, but the kids were just getting over a 2 week virus that had really run them down, so I decided to give it another week and start this week.  Well, now I have the nasty cough and drainage they had, but didn't want to keep putting it off, so we started today.  The first day of school is always fun and we certainly had fun today.  L'il Girl was especially excited to start school.  They'll be starting co-op in a couple weeks as well.

Here are some pictures from our fun afternoon of school.


searching for pencils hidden in our living room






She did 2nd grade last year, but there are several things we didn't get to because of my work schedule, so we'll probably do another 1/2 year of 2nd grade.
She started with Kindergarten last year, but I wasn't able to focus on her schooling as much because of my crazy work schedule, so we are officially doing K-5 this year.

Guess who needs to work on following instructions?  I told her to draw a picture of herself on the bottom of the page and not on top of my writing.


pictures with the teacher :-)



numbers bingo


Our new addition on our screen porch.  You can fold down both sides and make it into a bed.  Very comfy!

His first time really playing with Play-Doh.  The last few times he "played" with it, he kept trying to eat it.










2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures of the first day of school. Looks like you all had a fun time. They will be nice to look at in years to come. I love the pictures taken with the teacher. Hope everyone does well this year. Our boy looks like he had fun today also.

    I like the new addition to your room. It does look comfy. Thanks so much for sharing Jess. I like seeing what the kids are all doing.:)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures! They were excited to start school this year and we pray that you will have a great school year with them. It's always great when you can have fun along with the learning. Cute pictures of our boy, too. He's not going to miss out on anything either. :-)

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete