Tuesday, November 26, 2013

35 Weeks / Praises / Heels / Pro Photos

I am past the 35 week mark now.  Can't believe how quickly the time is going.  I'm really looking forward to meeting this little guy. I got my blood work results on Friday and my platelet count had gone up from 79 to 95.  Praise God!  I had my doc appt today and he said he wants me to keep on the steroids and retest next Monday to make sure they're still going up.  If so, I may be able to reduce my dosage of steroids.  The biggest side effect so far is insomnia.  It doesn't hit me when I first go to bed, but when I get up through the night to ... ahem ... empty my bladder for the second or third time, :-) I often can't fall back asleep.  I have been awake since 1:30 this morning, but didn't get out of bed until 3:30.  What a great time to get caught up on my blogging. :-)

Another huge praise - my dad is home from the hospital.  I'm so happy to have my parents my back home and it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving indeed with all the family together!

We got our family photos done on Friday and Big Girl and L'il Girl's birthday photos.  I wish we had gotten a better family photo, but our boy was just too squirmy and wouldn't cooperate.

And lastly, our girly girl needed some Sunday shoes, so I took her out last week and she picked out a pair of heels!  I couldn't believe it.  I tried to talk her in to one of the many pretty pairs of flats, but she loved the heels and after testing them out at the store, she was convinced she could walk in them and wouldn't think of getting a pair of flats.  I think by the end of the day Sunday, she had pretty well mastered walking in them.

Here are the pictures to go with my "commentary":

35 weeks



her first pair of heels



 

3 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures! I could tell that our boy was not his usual happy self. :-) So glad L'il girl got her Sunday shoes and they are so pretty! What a beautiful picture of her in them! Sorry the plans in that regard didn't work out. We are so thankful to be home, for sure!!!! This will be a truly great Thanksgiving! Even if things had not worked out as we would have wanted, we would remember that we are to give thanks in all things. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nana - loved the pictures - what a great looking family - love you all and wish we could visit more. I thought the one with the pairing of the children was pretty neat....but they are all good. L'il girl looks so cute and grown-up in her heels....but as you said she is your girly-girl and carries is off well. So happy to hear your platelets have gone up - another answer to prayer along with the one for your Mom and Dad.

    It will be really special to have your family together for Thanksgiving. Please extend my best wishes to all for a very happy holiday.

    Give my love to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love all the pictures!!! So thrilled the steroids are working. Gotta get your body ready for delivery. It isn't too far off now. Love your prego shot.
    The family pics are so nice. It sure is hard to get the little ones to cooperate sometimes for sure. The kids pics are cute, and I like the one of you and hubby.
    The girls birthday pics are really sweet. They make good models.
    L'il girl does look cute in her heels and so grown up. I was 13 I think, before I got my first pair of heels. But of course that was way back when. ha,ha !!
    Trust everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving down there. Nice that the whole family could be together.

    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete