This has been an eventful week, to put it mildly. Most of you already know, but my dad is in the hospital. I appreciate all the prayers for him and the support from our family, church family, and friends. We are waiting to hear when he will be having surgery, but it's looking like possibly Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thank you for the continued prayers! God is in control!
My platelet count has been dropping for the last couple months. It got down as low as 79 a little over a week ago, so the doctor decided it would be good for me to start steroids to try to give them a boost before delivery. I really didn't want to go this route, but the natural way just wasn't doing enough, so I have been on Prednisone now for a week. I got my blood drawn yesterday, but don't have the results yet. I'm anxious to know what my platelet count is now and if the Prednisone is doing the trick.
I have hit the nesting phase full force. All I want to do around the house is organize. I spend more time thinking about what I want to organize than actually doing it though because I'm just so busy and when I have down time, I often want to rest. :-) Just 5 weeks and a day until the due date. I don't feel prepared for this little one yet. I don't have any of his clothes or blankets washed, although I did pull out the container of 0-3 month boy clothes yesterday, so that's a start.
My little guy is now awake upstairs making lots of noise in his crib, so I better go get him. I'll update again when I get my blood work results (probably Monday at my doctor's appointment).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah sweetheart, I know you have had a stressful week. It takes a lot out of one, when anxious about a parents health, to be anxious over your own. You are a busy woman with work, school, children, hubby, and house to look after.
ReplyDeleteYou are all in our prayers. We are trusting the Lord with your Dad's health and condition, as well as your's with your platelet count with delivery soon.
With your busy life, I wish I could help in some way.
Hang in there sweetheart, praying for you this very moment.
Love Mom