Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stressful Outing

Here are my ramblings for today:

I just got back from a very peaceful trip to the grocery store with my three little angels.  Ha!  Can you sense the sarcasm?  Actually, Baby Girl was an angel because she slept the whole time. :-) The other two were not so good.  One whined a lot and the other screamed a lot.  It is not easy taking 3 kids under the age of 4 out by myself.  It is a true test of patience (of which I feel I passed while at the store, but possibly failed shortly after getting home).  Anyways, it is now peaceful and I am thoroughly enjoying the quiet.  L'il Girl just went down for an overdue and much needed nap and Big Girl is contently playing by herself upstairs in the Bonus Room.

Li'l Girl has a new favorite word - "again."  She says it almost every time I finish reading her a book.  One time I read her the same book 5 times in a row before suggesting we try another one even though she insisted we read it "again."  In the van she sings along with the songs we have playing and she often requests to hear the same one "again" and "again" and "again".  Today's top pick was Ho-Ho-Ho-Hosanna.  She and Big Sister love that one.  And you can't rub her feet or back and be able to stop without her saying "again." :-)

I started a homeschooling book called "Five in a Row" with Big Girl this week.  I am really enjoying it so far.  Basically, in the first volume, you go through 21 classic children's books and read the same one each day for five days in a row.  Each day you pick a different subject and apply it from the book.  It is really neat!  I may be enjoying it more than she is. :-)  It is not comprehensive, so we are also working on writing letters, phonics, and reading separately.

Well, after an already long day, I am ready to relax for a bit.  Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica
    I think your hubby should cook dinner for you tonight.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, we're having leftover pizza for dinner, so I don't have to cook. Otherwise, I'm sure he would. :-) Actually, he spent a lot of the day working at the church, so he's pretty tired himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we spoke on the phone. Sorry your shopping with the kids didn't go so well. You have yourself a nice weekend also. Hope your first week at work goes smoothly.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete