Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Girly Girls & More

I painted the girls fingernails and toenails Monday afternoon.  This was the first time Baby Girl had it done and I was impressed that she sat still to let me do it and then for almost a minute after I was done to let it dry.

Hubby dug up more potatoes from the garden Monday night. I was washing them in the sink and Big Girl came up and said that it looked like fun, so I let her wash and she did a great job.  She washed probably 3/4 of them and was so thorough that I didn't have to go over them again.  I was very impressed for a  5 year old!  After scrubbing the mud off with the brush, we rubbed a little bit of dish soap on them to get them really clean.  She said that was her favorite part.  She's looking forward to doing it again and I'm looking forward to not having to do it next time! :-)

With all the potatoes, I have been searching out new potato recipes.  I wanted to try a potato casserole last night to go with pork chops.  I found one that seemed ok, but made several modifications to it to adjust it to our tastes.  I was going to take a picture of it and brag about my creation, but it didn't look very good when it came out of the oven.  :-) It called for french fried onions on top, but we don't care for those, so I put Rice Krispies on top drizzled with a little bit of butter. Basically, the casserole came out kind of soupy.  Despite its appearance, it was really good!  It tasted a lot like loaded potato soup (it had potato chunks, cream of chicken soup, milk, cheese, and bacon pieces inside).  I'm looking forward to eating some for lunch today.  Now to find some more recipes so I can use up these potatoes.  Wednesday dinner in our house is always oatmeal chocolate chip muffins and I joked with Hubby that tonight's dinner would be oatmeal potato muffins. :-)  Guess I'll wait until tomorrow night to try another recipe - maybe twice baked potatoes?

Ok, enough about potatoes.  Yesterday we got in the pool again with Nana.  I hope to get them in again today and tomorrow if it's not stormy.  It's a lot of trouble to take the camera out there while trying to keep an eye on 4 kiddos, so I don't think I'll be getting any more pictures or videos, at least not until Daddy is able to go with us. 

Speaking of pools, I have a prayer request.  A neighbor of a family in our church lost their 3 year old boy yesterday.  He drowned in their pool in the backyard.  Please pray for them!  I don't know their spiritual condition, but if they do not know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, please pray that through this tragedy they will see their need for Him.  Also, please pray for the family from our church that they will have an opportunity to show the love of Jesus to this grieving family.

And now some pictures...




2 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures!!! Our girly girls did look so pretty with their painted fingernails and toenails. That was great how Baby Girl cooperated so well with letting you put it on and letting it try.

    Your potatoes do look like they're doing great and that's wonderful what a great helper you have with Big Girl! I can see her being very conscientious with cleaning them. She does like things done right which is great.

    Such sweet pictures of our boy!!! His eyelashes have grown so long and curly! He's such a handsome little man!

    That was so sad about the little 3 year old boy drowning! Such a tragedy for the family. We'll definitely pray regarding their spiritual condition and their great loss. It would be so hard to imagine such a loss as that!

    Love you all bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at all those pretty nails all done up. I love the pinks and purple. Beautiful girls for sure.
    Those pants on our little girl look very familiar. I'm thinking Christmas two yrs. ago with a penguin top?
    Look at our girl scrub those potatoes. Great job too! Nice when they like to be helpful,and think it's fun also. They are lovely looking veggies.
    Sweet,sweet pictures of our handsome boy too! They are all wonderful pictures,and I enjoyed seeing my little sweethearts.
    Also praying for the grieving family dealing with the loss of their child. How sad!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete