It is 3am and I have already been up for an hour. I have had trouble sleeping lately. When I wake up during the night my mind starts going (especially thinking about the house) and I usually don't feel good on top of that so I lay awake in bed. This morning though I decided to get up and start doing some online window shopping for things we will need for our new house. :-)
I have a new niece! She was born yesterday afternoon and I praise God that the delivery went well and my sister-in-law and niece are doing just great! I'm not sure when I'll get to see her because I am still trying to get over this cold and both girls are still coughing some. Hopefully in the next couple of days we will all be healthy again!
We had the inspection this afternoon and it went really well. There is a pretty good list of minor things that need to be done, but a lot of them will just be a "fix this when you get around to it" kind of thing. There is nothing major and therefore nothing that the seller has to fix before we can move on with the process, so that was wonderful news! We were hoping to close next Friday, but those hopes have quickly diminished. The one thing that is holding us up is the appraisal. It is completely out of our hands. It was ordered almost a week ago. Once it's done it takes several days to get the report back, then it has to go to the bank to draw up the papers for closing and that takes 4 or 5 days. So we probably won't be in the new house by Christmas, but I hope we can bring in the New Year in our new place. I have vacation that I have to use by the end of the year so it would be ideal to move and unpack while I am off work. God's in control and when He's ready for us to move, we'll move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on that beautiful new neice you have - she is a sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you finally got your inspection done and there is not too much to be done with the house - it must be disappointing to have things so delayed and then not be in the house when you thought but hopefully you will be in by the new year. Just keep telling yourself there is a reason for this and yes God is in control and things will happen in His time.
It is not a lot of fun when you can't sleep properly as I well know - the computer helps to pass the time for me. The window shopping sounded like a fun thing to do and can always give you ideas on things to get and ways to decorate your new home.
Hope you and the girls are feeling better soon - maybe you can have a rest this afternoon when the girls go down. Take care of yourself and don't try to do too much - (I know that is easier said than done)
Love you all bunches.
Congratulations,Aunt and Uncle!I hope you get to see her soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your still not sleeping well Jess.Sometimes it is better to get up and do something than lie awake in bed.I also hope you and the girls will be feeling better soon.Get some rest when you can.I know you are both disappointed the closing date is so late.If the Lord is in it (and I believe He is)then his timing is always the best.Take care,Love you all.