It's been such a busy week of work for me. I can't keep up with all the demands at the moment, but I'm praying it slows down soon so I don't have to put in so many extra hours (not a plus when you're salary). Anyways, despite that, I have been consistently doing school with Big Girl and finally seem to have a routine down that is working well and that I feel I can stick too. Our primary focus is working on writing all her uppercase letters and all her numbers. She can write most, but there are a few she just can't do yet (like G, Z, 5 and 6). She is doing excellent in her reading and surprises me nearly every day when she reads a sign or off of a cereal box or even out of the hymn book at church.
I have established our school verse and it is I Corinthians 10:31 - "Whether therefore ye eat or drink or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." There's a song that goes along with it and she learned it in just 3 days. So we start our school time with a little devotional and then before getting into her work time we say the verse and sing the song.
This week on the way home from Nana's she was asking what "thy" meant, so we started talking about those words in the KJV such as ye, thy, and thine and I explained to her what they are in today's terminology and how they are "old English" (although I just looked it up and found out it's actually called "Modern English", but it's old to us.). :-)
So then yesterday, she said "remember when Baby Sister wasn't born yet? And remember when L'il sister wasn't born yet? And remember when I wasn't born yet and it was just you and Daddy and you spoke old English?" :-) Oh, she makes me smile. Is 32 really that old???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is too cute!!! She does come up with some good ones! It's always amazing what goes through kid's minds. BTW, 32 is definitely not old in my book! :)
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to get a video of her singing your theme verse. It is so pretty and she does it so well!
Glad school is going well. I would like to hear her theme song. So if you have some time from your very busy schedule to get her singing on video,that would be nice. Great idea Nana. Sometimes it is hard to get everything done we want to in a day.
ReplyDeleteThat was cute what she said. I know when I was teaching our boy his memory verses,I was so careful to make sure he correctly said and learned the verses with the " thee,thou,thy,ye etc."