Friday, November 6, 2009

The Climber and Chef

Isn't if funny how all kids have different personalities and things that make them unique? I really notice it between my girls. Big Girl never really climbed on furniture or seemed extra adventurous and I thought it was probably just a girl thing, but I was wrong. Baby loves to climb! I sometimes call her my Little Climber. She has no fear. I often see her hiking her leg up high to try to get on things. She has already tried to climb the bookshelf in our living room. Most recently, she has figured out how to climb up on a folding chair (kid's size) backwards and then get to a standing position. It's quite scary, but I know she is proud of her accomplishments.



Last night Big Girl put on her apron and got to work in her play kitchen. I was laying on the couch, and she kept bringing me food she had cooked up. I just love to see her imagination going. What made it more fun is that she pretended to be her older girl cousin and she kept calling me "Aunt Jessica". :-) Oh what an imagination!


Thank you for those of you far away who sent birthday cards for Baby. She got them this week. They were all very nice. She will be 1 on Sunday and we will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow evening. Hard to believe my baby's almost 1.

2 comments:

  1. Really sweet pictures of the girls.I know what your saying about the climbing.The older one here wasn't a climber either,if I remember correctly.The little one on the other hand is always climbing onto something,mostly the dining room chairs.Then he gets his legs swinging ..so cute.Often I will find him on the couch with book in hand ,upside down.He loves the little Bible story book.Cute picture of our big girl with tray in hand.Ya gotta love them.
    We will look forward to birthday pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have to watch out for our little climber!!! She does love to do that! I loved the pictures of our girls! I also love Big Girl's imagination, too! She can come up with such good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete