My first week home by myself with the kids has gone pretty smoothly. Yesterday while I was cooking dinner was the most challenging time. The two oldest had meltdowns (at two separate times) and Baby Boy cried the entire time I was preparing dinner. Baby Girl who is usually the one that is getting into trouble was the only one who wasn't getting into trouble or crying. :-) Anyways, we made it through and today has been a good day.
Big Girl has been doing really well with school. I'm still trying to establish a routine, but that may take a while to get down. I'd like to also get L'il Girl in a routine with school, but right now it's really random. We do things sporadically through out the day when she's not drawing or playing with barbies. She knows a lot of sight words and is "reading" Dick and Jane books well. She has learned how to write several letters on her own and now I am trying to teach her the right way to write them. That's been a bit challenging.
Also, yesterday I got the laptop out and the girls spent some time on the computer. Big Girl can use the mouse really well and navigate around, but L'il Girl has not had much to do with it until yesterday. She did some online click and color activities and caught on really quickly to using the mouse. I was impressed! Now I'm trying to find a free typing/keyboarding course for Big Girl.
On a totally separate note, I've been thinking lately about how I need to be taking more videos of the kids. There are things that they all do now that are so adorable and I know if I don't capture them on video then I will easily forget what they were each like at this stage. One example is the way L'il Girl talks right now. She still pronounces "R" like "W" and it is soooo cute. I hate to correct her because I love hearing her talk. :-)
Baby Boy is such a noisy baby. He doesn't cry a whole lot, but he makes some really loud and squeaky sounds when he stretches. He tends to do this through the early morning hours. One of the videos below captures a short clip of his noises. He often will do this for several minutes, but of course when I get the camera out, he only does it for a few seconds. :-) He is really starting to smile now. It's hard to capture on camera, but when he looks at my face while I am talking to him, he often smiles. It's so sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







lol...love both the videos and especially the ones of Baby Boy. I feel the same way some mornings! :)
ReplyDeleteI too... love both videos. I love his little sounds he makes. Oh I miss him!!!
ReplyDeleteOur little girl looks so cute in her panther top. She is a smart little one. That colour really suits her,with her colouring and those eyes of hers! Sweet pictures!!
So glad you had a pretty good week and are adjusting to having another baby in the house.
ReplyDeleteThe videos were great!!! The video of Baby Boy was so precious! Baby Girl did really well with counting! Her sneeze in the middle was so funny. I agree with "Mom" that she does look so cute in her blue Panther top. I loved both videos, too, and also the pictures!!! I wish I had taken more pictures and videos, too, when you and your brother were young. Of course, I'd have been hauling around a huge camera and VCR to record!:) Things have definitely changed over the years.