We survived the all-nighter (or "wake-over" as Big Girl termed it). It was a success. The teens had fun and there were only a few injuries. :-) Next time we might not play so many games in the dark. One teen bumped her head on a chair and another was poked in the eye quite hard. The ice packs came in handy. Even those who got hurt had a lot of fun and wanted to keep playing the games. And now I think I'm finally caught up on my sleep.
As you may have guessed from the title of my post, I can officially record Baby Boy's first word. Yep, it is "Ma-ma". He first started saying it on Saturday and it came out very distinctly while he was crying. I really wanted him to say it, not cry it, and that's what he did on Sunday. I was saying "Da-da" to him over and over again (since Father's Day is coming up soon), and he looked right at me and said "Ma-ma". I hope this isn't an early sign of defiance. :-) Well, it made me smile to know he can not only cry it, but also say it. He's a mama's boy already! I heard him just a little while ago on the floor crying "Ma-ma", so I got out the camera to get a video and he only said it a little bit at the beginning. I posted the video after all the pictures.
Also, he rolls over a lot now and I've actually seen him do it. He sleeps on his tummy at night. I put him on his back and some time during the night he rolls over to his tummy. So much for "back to sleep".
In other news for Baby Boy, he hasn't developed a thumb sucking habit yet, thankfully, but he does like to chew on his fingers. He either chews on his thumb or his index and middle fingers together. No sign of any teeth yet though. Speaking of fingers, he is very intrigued by his fingers and hands. If he is not holding on to a toy, he'll just play with his hands and fingers.
![]() |
| such a silly girl - usually she runs from the camera, but this time she came right up to it |







So happy to hear all had a good time at the all nighter in spite of the injuries acquired.
ReplyDeleteYou must have been delighted to hear our boy say "Ma ma". It would be nice for Daddy to hear "Da da" on Father's Day, but I don't think it's going to happen. The videos were both so nice,first with his laughing then with his "Ma ma". So he's going to be a tummy sleeper like his Grandma.(at least for now). I really enjoyed all the pictures of the kids and Daddy also. Thanks Jess for sharing with us. Love you all.
Loved all the pictures!!! Enjoyed the video of our boy saying "Ma ma"! He is really getting expressive now.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the overnighter was a success and all went pretty well! Sounded like everyone enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and video!