Wednesday, May 20, 2009

6 month check-up and the big 31

I took Baby for her 6 month check-up this afternoon. She is a real porker...I mean, she's a real healthy girl! :-) Her stats are as follows:

Weight - 19 lbs, 10 oz. (95th percentile) - this explains my back pain :-)
Height - 28 3/4 inches (100th percentile) - and this explains the 12 month clothes

As Hubby says, "We know how to grow them big." Our Big Girl was always at the top of the charts too.

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I can't believe how quickly the time goes. I remember the day I was born...ha, just kidding. When you become a mother birthdays take on a different kind of significance. Now when my birthday comes around, I think about the pain that my mother went through to bring me into the world. And I can totally relate. Thank you Mom for the pain you endured 31 years ago as you labored to bring this once little baby into the world. You should be celebrated as much as me on my birthday. :-) And when my little ones have their birthdays, I think about all that transpired the day that they came into the world and what a happy, exciting, and painful day it was! :-) Back to my birthday - it was a very nice day. Hubby got off early and we went to our favorite restaurant and then the family came over and we celebrated with cake and ice cream. Thanks for the chocolate cake Hubby! It was delicious.

Well, the day is slipping away. Time to go eat muffins and get ready for church.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful that our little one is healthy and doing so well.I'm also glad you had a very happy birthday.Mothers are remarkable people indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thankful for the good checkup and how well she is progressing! Children are such a blessing!!! Then the Lord gives us the added blessing of grandchildren. I think by the time we have grandchildren we realize just how quickly time passes and we want to enjoy every minute! We are so thankful for you and your family! The Lord indeed has blessed us with wonderful children and their spouses and our precious grandchildren!!!

    ReplyDelete