On a different note, we are going to be taking a road trip of some of the southern states this summer and I have been researching ideas for keeping a 2 year old busy while in the car. My research led me to the idea of felt boards, so I started cutting out some patterns last night. She likes playing with her little dollhouse family - Mommy, Daddy, Big Sister, and Baby, so I thought about making patterns of a family for her to play with, then Daddy suggested making our family. That will be slightly more complicated, but if it turns out I'll post pics on here. Below is the basic scene I did last night. Don't laugh, I'm not very creative, artistic, or crafty, but she knew what each cut-out was, so I considered it a success. Very cheap too. So far the cost for the material is under $3 and I have lots of felt left. I may do one with shapes since she's learning her shapes now and outline the shapes on the felt board so it will be more like a puzzle for her to match the shapes. So many options.
Night-time scene

Day-time scene

Mixing the day and night scenes :-)

Tonight we are having our niece and nephew over for a sleep-over. We are going to put our big tent up and let the kids "camp-out" in our dining room. We are really looking forward to it as is our Big Girl.

I think you did good with the artwork and that's a wonderful idea and should keep her busy for a while as you travel. Looks like she is quite happy with it! Hope you all have a great time tonight. That should be lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteI meant to add that I'm so happy she's doing better today!!!
ReplyDeleteWith kids it does'nt matter how good a cutting job you do as long as they know what it is.It's a great idea for her travelling.I'm glad to hear she is feeling better.I'm sure the kids will have a great time together tonight.Sounds like fun.The road trip sounds like fun too.Enjoy your evening.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and I think you did a perfect job!
ReplyDeletercsnickers