Saturday, May 16, 2009

For less than a gallon of milk

When I was coming home from the grocery store yesterday evening I passed a church where they were setting up for a yard sale for today. It looked like they had lots of kid's items, so I decided to check it out bright and early this morning while everyone here at home was still in bed. So just before 7am I ventured out. Turns out there were 3 yard sales within just a couple miles of our house. I left the first one with a few clothes for Big Girl and a little pink V-Tech computer. Total cost for that yard sale ... $9. Then I went to another one, but didn't find anything worth buying. The final one I hit was where I found the real bargain. I've been wanting a tricycle for our Big Girl for a while, but couldn't justify spending $50+ on a brand new one. We really don't have a good place for her to ride one at our house and I don't know how much it will get used, but I'd like her to learn how to pedal a trike before she moves on to a bigger bike in a year or two. Anyways, this last yard sale had a cute little Care Bears trike for ages 2.5 and up. It was the perfect size and the perfect cost ... $3. I couldn't believe it. It is in excellent condition. It must have been kept inside because there was no rust on the metal parts. I was so excited to get it home and cleaned up. Daddy went to a men's breakfast at church this morning, so with the car out of the garage, Big Girl tested out her "new" trike shortly after she woke up. It was a hit!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the new tricycle.You are going to have so much fun with it.Nice that you find good buys for things that they grow out of so soon.Buying new is sometimes a waste of money.Enjoy sweetheart:)

    ReplyDelete