Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Gift

My girls are too young to come up with a gift for me on their own, but my Big Girl gave me the best gift of all yesterday morning. She was eating her breakfast and out of the blue she said "Mommy, me and ___ (baby sister's name) love you." Then she proceeded to tell me how Baby can't say "I love you" yet. She's never said anything quite like that and I thought it was so sweet. It made me tear up and then I had to explain to her that I wasn't sad, but happy and that sometimes people cry when their happy. She still kept asking why I was sad. :-) Anyways, she doesn't say "I love you" nearly as much as I'd like to hear it, so that was just extra sweet.

I dressed us three girls in navy blue yesterday for church because I wanted to get pictures when we got home. Not a single one turned out good, at all. I was the only one cooperating. :-) I managed to get a self-timed one later in the afternoon and even though we're not in our Sunday best, I was happy with how it turned out. Then I took some pics of my two babies!




2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! What a wonderful Mothers Day gift that your young daughter gave you from her and her sister.You never ever get tired of hearing " I love you" from your children.( no matter what their age)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious! What a sweet thing to receive on Mother's Day. I loved all the pictures especially the one with you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete