Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family Weekend

We had a busy but great weekend with the family here.  The cousins have so much fun together.  Oh, and it's nice to see my brother and sister-in-law too! :-)  I know you guys read this, so I just want to say that we enjoyed our visit with you and wish you didn't live so far away!

Here are some pictures from our weekend.  By the way, if you are questioning the time of my post, yes it is 5:45pm and yes, church does start at 5:00pm for us.  We took a nap this afternoon which started a little later than normal.  I set the alarm clock, but must have turned it off instead of hitting snooze.  Hubby woke up at 4:47 and basically had 3 minutes to get ready for church since it's a 10 minute drive away.  There's no way I could wake up all 4 kids and get them and myself ready that quickly, so he went solo.  I'm thankful he woke up when he did!  He leads the singing at church, so he would have been missed.  I play the piano every other week and thankfully this was not my week to play!  I better be more on the ball next Sunday!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful pictures!!! What sweet memories as I look through them! It was great to have all the family together again! Time just passed too quickly. It is really great how all the cousins enjoy being together and play so well with each other.

    We did miss you and the children tonight at church but definitely understand how that can happen especially when you are so tired. Hubby must have had his wings on tonight to get there so quickly! :) Glad he made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness I have a bunch of gorgeous great neices and nephews - the parents and grandparents aren't so bad either.
    I can imagine you had so much fun together and enjoy it even more so now that you are not living so close together.

    Jessica, I am sure there are a lot of Moms that have done the same thing - I know I have. Sometimes life just makes you tired and you need to catch up and Sundays always seem to be the day to catch up.

    Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are all wonderful!!! So nice seeing family pictures. You have to take them when you can at every opportunity. I love the picture of the two princesses with their tiaras on. The last picture is very sweet.
    My but our boy's hair sure is blonde.
    Glad you had a nice visit with your siblings and family.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete