It seems like there's no time in the day for blogging lately. Big Girl is really starting to outgrow nap time. She'll go a couple of days without a nap, then take a nap. The days she gets a nap, she can't go to bed early. She'll be up until 10 or 11. So it's actually better when she doesn't get a nap because she'll go to bed at a reasonable time. Except we have to deal with a cranky, sleepy girl throughout the day. Today was one of those days. And I was really hoping to have her to bed by 8, but she just wouldn't go to sleep. So now it's 9:10 and both girls are sleeping peacefully and Mommy is enjoying the quiet! :-) It certainly was one of those trying days as a mom.
Big Girl is not a good eater, at all. We have to make her eat her supper. Her food is always cold before she finishes it. Tonight was a record though. She was at the table for an hour and a half. I finally threw out the food that was left on her plate (because I figured it wasn't safe to eat by that point) and sent her to her bedroom for a while. I don't understand why she doesn't eat her food. Tonight's meal wasn't liver or collard greens or anything remotely untolerable. It was half a hamburger with cheese, two waffle fries, and a tiny spoonful of baked beans. I had no idea it would be so difficult to get her to eat it. I have cut out all snacking in the afternoon now, so she has to be hungry. Oh, I hope she outgrows this stage soon.
She's been extra clingy lately too. I'm trying to figure out what brought this on. Sunday and today have been especially unusual. I hope she's not coming down with something? Hopefully she's just feeling extra loving and wanting to be close to her Mommy and Daddy.
Well, I'm ready for a bit of me time after an exhausting afternoon and evening. Hope to post some pics from Sunday in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you are finally getting some rest! Big Girl was fine this morning but just because she had a good morning doesn't necessarily mean she'll have a good afternoon, does it? :) Could it have been her red feet? :)
ReplyDeleteSo she is a picky eater like her Daddy and Aunts used to be at the same age.They do go through stages for one thing or another.
ReplyDeleteFor school time today,Nathan counted up to fifty,with some difficulty.He finds it hard to say thirty,but we are working on th.We are learning to, too and two.His sight reading so far consists of (the,and,to,God& Jesus.)I wish he was enjoying school time as much as I am.I just thought you might enjoy a little run down on what he is doing.These are some of the things he is learning.