Sunday, September 6, 2009

All about Baby

Where to begin? Seems like there's a lot of this and that about Baby that I need to mention. She is babbling so much now! I still don't know if I can count her "ma" and "da" sounds as "ma-ma" and "da-da" because it is rare when she makes the sounds only twice in a row. Her newest sounds are "ya" and "na" (which should make her Nana happy). :) She still does the "O" thing with her mouth a lot and it gets all kinds of comments when we go out. Of course, we always get comments about our cute baby, even before she was making the cute "O" face. The most exciting thing she has done lately is trying to take a step on her own. I saw her try twice yesterday. She had been standing not holding on to anything for quite a while and wasn't far from a piece of furniture, so she stepped one foot to the side and then down she went. She's getting that much closer to walking.

And on the not so great side, she's been getting me up through the night to nurse for the last two weeks or so. She has always been an excellent sleeper and from early on she would sleep 8-10 hours straight through the night. I don't know what has happened. I'm hoping it is a growth spurt and she will be through it soon. Last night she got me up twice! But really the worst part is that since she shares a room with her sister, she is now waking her up during the night. I'm praying that it will be a short phase.

I've mentioned before that she is in to everything now. Just as I'm typing my post, she has gotten into a box of kleenex and pulled out all the tissues and she has tried getting into the small garbage can we have in this room.

And now for all the pictures. :) Baby has found her favorite spot in the living room. It's inside an end table in our living room. She loves to climb up in it and sit or sometimes she just climbs right through. Such a little adventurer she is!








This is what she does when she's sleepy or sometimes she does it just for comfort. She sucks her thumb and with the other hand she feels her hair.



I took this picture so you could see how her hair finally looks like it's starting to grow in.

The adorable "O" face, which is way cuter in person.

And Big Sister decided to give Baby some puffs last night while I was in the kitchen getting her food ready. I heard her say "Mommy, I gave her all the puffs." I ran in to check and sure enough, there was a mound of puffs on the highchair tray.


Tomorrow's post will be about Big Girl. I have some cute pictures of her to post, but didn't want to overwhelm you with too many pictures at once. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm never overwhelmed with looking at pictures of all our dear little ones. Those were so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is on the move isn't she?Cute pictures of our girl.I know at this age and a little older,you are always taking things away from them they shouldn't have.They always seem to find what you think is out of reach.Looking forward to the pictures of our big girl.

    ReplyDelete