I can't believe Big Girl will be 3 in just a couple weeks. In some ways it feels like she's been part of our family for so long, but it still doesn't seem like she should be 3 already! I've been casually teaching her things here and there, but decided to get serious and have real dedicated "school" time with her. I plan to start in the next couple of weeks. Hubby and I have been working on an outline which is almost ready, and I finished lesson plan 1, but realized that I need some more tools and resources here at home before we get started. I'll be gathering those in the next week or two and then we'll get started. I am really excited about teaching her. She seems to be soaking everything in right now. When we read books, she is always asking questions, which I don't always enjoy because it takes so much longer to get through just one book, but lately I've been taking those opportunities to teach her even more. Sometimes now
I'll interrupt the storyline to explain to her what something is. Our lessons will cover one week at a time and for each week we will cover a new letter, number, and shape/color. We will also have a theme, vocab word, verse, bible story, activity, song, and poem/nursery rhyme that start with that letter to help reinforce the sound. Our first lesson is the letter "A" and our theme is animals. Last night I had the laptop out in the living room working on the lesson plan and when I was done, Big Girl sat on the couch with me and I looked up images of several different animals. She really enjoyed that and so did I.
We got a new car seat for our Big Girl. Baby has pretty much outgrown the infant carrier, so it was time to pass along the convertible seat that Big Girl is in. She was so excited about her seat. For the first time, we bought something girlie instead of gender neutral. We always buy that kind of stuff practically, thinking that it can be passed down to the next child regardless of gender. Hubby initially picked up a very neutral car seat, but I told him if he did that it was like guaranteeing we would have all girls. So he put it back and picked up the one with pink flowers. :) Anyways, I assembled it and had it sitting in the house and Big Girl kept trying it out. She would sit in it and make a silly pose and say "take a picture of this!" Hence all the pictures below of her in her car seat.
It's nice having the day off today, except that Hubby is sick and has been all weekend. We're hoping and praying he feels well enough today to get out of the house, even if it's just shopping for school supplies. :)
Wow, this has been a long post, and I haven't even put pictures on yet. So here we go with that part. Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!










And I love this picture of my girls from yesterday morning before we left for church!
Have fun schooling!! I know you will enjoy it :)
ReplyDeleteWell it sounds like you are off to a good start with school!!!Wish we could join you.I like the new car seat.The pictures are very cute,I like the outfit in the first few pictures.Her hair is getting longer now. Nice!!!Enjoy your holiday too.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see that our girl is excited about the schooling! Those were such cute pictures! That is such a sweet picture of both of the girls. Hope hubby is feeling better!
ReplyDelete