The party went well. I made some Little Bear masks for the kids, although it was only the two oldest that really enjoyed them. The Birthday Girl didn't even wear hers long enough for a picture. :) Now today is her actual birthday. How those memories of her birth are still so fresh in my mind. I'm so thankful for my precious Big Girl and although in some ways it is sad to see her grow up, it is exciting to see her develop and to carry on conversations with her now. Happy Birthday Big Girl!
The oldest cousin donning her mask Baby Girl going for the presents
My goodness, how our girl has grown - it doesn't seem possible she can be 3 - I loved the pictures and you did a great job on the cake and masks Mom.
Happy Birthday to our 3 year old - wish I wasn't so far away - it would be fun to get in on these parties and just see everyone more often. Love you all bunches and give the birthday girl a hug and kiss from her great aunt L.
" HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART "I miss so much not being able to see you all.I would love to have been at your party as well as at all your cousins too.I hope you enjoyed every minute of it.Grandma loved your cake,and the masks were a great idea.I hope also that you liked your card.It looks like you got lots of nice gifts too.Have a great day sweetie.Grandma and Grandpa love you so much,and will talk to you later today.
The pictures are really cute of our "Big Girl's party! You did great with the cake, Jess, and it was very tasty,too! Again we say, Happy Birthday to our sweet girl! A little note to "Aunt L" and "Mom"- we wish you all could be at the parties, too! It would be great to see you all!!!
happy birthday! 3 already? serioulsly? What a fun and cute party! Love the cake? how do you freehand cute stuff on the cake? You did last year with those bunnies and now the bear!
Thanks Letisha! I found the image online, enlarged it, printed it, cut it out, and then used that outline to cut it out on wax paper. I sprayed the wax paper outline, laid it on the cake and used a toothpick to do the outline on the cake. Then I went over the outline with black icing and filled it in freehand. It actually didn't take me that long this time around. The Max and Ruby cake last year took several hours, but that was my first time trying something like this. I definitely wouldn't be able to do the whole thing freehand. I at least need the outline to get me started. I am not very good at drawing!
I am the wife of a wonderful man and a mommy to three beautiful girls and a two handsome boys that God has given us to raise for His glory. I am blessed beyond measure!
My goodness, how our girl has grown - it doesn't seem possible she can be 3 - I loved the pictures and you did a great job on the cake and masks Mom.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to our 3 year old - wish I wasn't so far away - it would be fun to get in on these parties and just see everyone more often.
Love you all bunches and give the birthday girl a hug and kiss from her great aunt L.
" HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART "I miss so much not being able to see you all.I would love to have been at your party as well as at all your cousins too.I hope you enjoyed every minute of it.Grandma loved your cake,and the masks were a great idea.I hope also that you liked your card.It looks like you got lots of nice gifts too.Have a great day sweetie.Grandma and Grandpa love you so much,and will talk to you later today.
ReplyDeletePS......Good job on the cake Jessica!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are really cute of our "Big Girl's party! You did great with the cake, Jess, and it was very tasty,too! Again we say, Happy Birthday to our sweet girl! A little note to "Aunt L" and "Mom"- we wish you all could be at the parties, too! It would be great to see you all!!!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday! 3 already? serioulsly? What a fun and cute party! Love the cake? how do you freehand cute stuff on the cake? You did last year with those bunnies and now the bear!
ReplyDeletercsnickers
Thanks Letisha! I found the image online, enlarged it, printed it, cut it out, and then used that outline to cut it out on wax paper. I sprayed the wax paper outline, laid it on the cake and used a toothpick to do the outline on the cake. Then I went over the outline with black icing and filled it in freehand. It actually didn't take me that long this time around. The Max and Ruby cake last year took several hours, but that was my first time trying something like this. I definitely wouldn't be able to do the whole thing freehand. I at least need the outline to get me started. I am not very good at drawing!
ReplyDelete