I had just put the girls down for a nap yesterday afternoon and was doing some research on the computer for Big Girl's school lessons when all of a sudden the power went out around 4pm. It was getting dark and the wind had picked up some, but the storm was still another 15 minutes away. :( Anyways, we didn't get our power back on until 6ish this morning. We did get the food from our fridge over to my parents, so thankfully we didn't have anything go to waste. I feel like today I'm playing catch up from not being able to get things done around the house yesterday. I did take the opportunity with no tv or computer yesterday afternoon to start reading a book that I got from the library on homeschooling. It has been very interesting so far. I'm very excited to get started. I plan on officially starting on Monday, even though I'm still waiting on some "My First" Encyclopedias (which I ordered off Amazon.com) to arrive in the mail. Hopefully Big Girl will be as excited to learn as I am to teach her. :)
Well, I'm off to do more research for school and get some housework done before the girls wake up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So the power outage was just your area?It certainly does put a damper on things you want to get done when there isn't power.Wish you well as you start school Mon.I hope our girl is eager to learn.It is so much fun teaching them.I am enjoying it a lot,just wish I had more material and a place to set things up on a permanent basis.BTW,is anyone going to buy my Son a hat "ha ha"
ReplyDeletewhat book on homeschooling? It is great that you are starting and she will love it!
ReplyDeletercsnickers
The book is called "Homeschooling the Early Years" by Linda Dobson and it's geared towards schooling 3- to 8- year-olds. The funny thing is, I started reading it Thursday, but haven't had a chance to pick it again since then. Maybe tonight?! :)
ReplyDelete