Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Girl update

I took Big Girl back to the doctor on Wednesday to have a recheck since she has finished her round of antibiotics. She did really well this time and didn't cry. It looks like she is in the clear in terms of her UTI, but the doc wants her to have an ultrasound and an outpatient procedure done to make sure she doesn't have something called reflux, where the urine travels up to the kidneys instead of down. Apparently it is recommended when a girl under the age of 3 has a UTI. They want to make sure this isn't the issue because if so, it could cause damage to her kidneys. So that is scheduled for this coming Thursday, 6/11. We have to be at the hospital bright and early at 7:30am. Please pray with us that she doesn't have reflux. Depending on the level that she has, if any, she would possibly need antibiotics for an extended period of time or even surgery. If it's not too severe, they may just wait to see if it corrects itself.

Other than that, there's really not much going on here. I just woke up from an afternoon nap, which I rarely have apart from Sundays. I think we are just going to take it easy this weekend, at least that is how it has started. I have been letting our camera and the kid's eyes rest the last few days and haven't taken any pics or videos. :-) I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I trust everything will be fine with our little sweetheart.We will certainly be praying for her. As well,we will be praying for you all on Thurs.Hopefully it will correct itself.We will wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Kristin's daughter has. She was on antibiotics for a year. She's been through a lot of the tests. You may want to talk to her and find out what is up and coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been praying regarding this since we found out she had to have it done. I just hate to think about her going through that but know it's best to find out if there are any issues needing to be taken care of. We're praying for you all, too, because we know it won't be easy for you either!

    ReplyDelete