Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prayer & Felt Family

As I was making muffins in the kitchen just a few minutes ago, Big Girl said she had just put the brownies in the oven (in her play kitchen) and said we have to pray before we eat them. So she grabbed my leg and started praying...
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this food. Bless it to our bodies. In Jesus' name, Amen."

I think it's neat that it's so ingrained in her to pray before we eat, that we have to pray even before we eat her pretend food. The brownies were delicious by the way. :-)

Speaking of prayer, please pray for us tomorrow as we have to take her to the hospital at 7:30am to have an ultrasound and a test done to see if she has reflux. Thankfully Daddy will be there too for support.

On another note, we finally made our felt family. They were printed on regular paper, laminated, and then had felt glued to the back. They are still a little flimsy, so I might do it again on cardstock to make them sturdier, but she's had fun playing with them. The pink house and green door were by request. :-) I think this will keep her occupied during our road trip.






9 comments:

  1. You certainly will be and have been in our prayers for tomorrow.We trust everything will go well with our little one.We pray it will not be too difficult for her.
    Love the felt family. I'm sure she will have lots of fun with them.Good job Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You did really good with your felt family. I'm sure she'll have lots of fun playing with it.
    You know how I've been feeling about her being tested. We just pray it won't be too hard an experience for her and that all will turn out well. Regarding the prayer for food, she always has to make sure that we pray before baby sister eats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny! We were commenting at the same time! I guess great minds have the same timing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, she does like to be the one to pray before Baby eats. I need to put clarify something because it sounds like I'm taking all the credit for the felt family. It was my idea to do a felt family, but then Jeremy suggested to do the four of us. He also glued the felt on the back and helped cut them out. They did turn out well. I'm working on Dora and Diego characters next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Jessica,Jeremy did clarify the fact that his imput was about- um 60%,I think he said :).Good job Jeremy.
    I trust everything went well today at the hospital.We'll wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex has reflux... not a fun test if they did the VCUG! They just watch it a lot and if there is kidney damage then they fix it. Alex has to be checked every year or so and then again at puberty to see if she'll outgrow it. Let me know how it goes, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, it was more like 40%. :-)

    Kristen, I hate that Alex has to go through this every year. It definitely is not an experience I'd like to repeat. She did have the VCUG and everything looked great, so we shouldn't have to have any more testing, praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristin, sorry I misspelled your name. I thought about it after I posted my last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's okay, Jesseca! LOL. I know how to spell your name! Common error, most people get it wrong.

    ReplyDelete