2 full days totally dry! How exciting! My 2 1/2 year old is on her way to becoming a potty trained big girl. The secret...money. Thank you to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for the advice. I saw it worked for my nephew who is 5 months older than my big girl. So I decided to give it a try. She still gets stickers for going #1 and now a coin for going #2. So far it has worked. She has a piggy bank that goes "ka-ching" when she drops the coin in. We weren't sure if she would understand the money concept, but Daddy asked her what she was going to buy with her money and she said a book. So I think she understands more than we know. I just hope and pray that she keeps this up. One cute tid-bit ... she likes to read "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" while sitting on the potty. It's a Dr. Seuss book filled with rhymes of course. She caught on really quickly to it and she'll sit there and make up her own little ryhmes, and quite good ones too. She'll say something like "there's a ookie in my pookie". Oh, so cute!
I've decided that I probably won't be a weekend blogger, at least as a rule. Weekends are just so busy and go by way too quickly. I guess I could blog on Sundays if I did without my good Baptist nap, but it's a much needed rest between services that I just don't think I can give it up.
Well, I need to go because we have company coming over for dinner and I need to get as much prep work done now while the girls nap. I'm off to make the ice cream cake! Yum!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm excited to hear how the ice cream cake turns out! : )
ReplyDeleteLarkyn!Way to go sweetheart.That is exciting news.The money thing sure helped with Nathan when he got serious about potty training.Now he goes without asking about money.He is dry all night and day now.I'm excited that the money is helping with our girl.
ReplyDeleteBy the way Jeremy,he only made just under $3.00 from Grandma and Grandpa.:-) (you know what I mean)
Jess, I trust your dinner went well,and everyone enjoyed the ice cream cake? I know Ben likes his ice cream.(but of course I can't talk,YUMMY!)Nice that you were all able to get together.
ReplyDeleteYes Mom, it went well and the ice cream cake was excellent! I'll have to make it next time you come down.
ReplyDelete