Thursday, July 2, 2009
Another UTI
Big Girl has another UTI. Before we went on vacation, she was complaining a bit and I thought she might have another one, so we took her to the doc and had a urine culture done. It came back negative, but there was a trace of blood in the sample, so the doc wanted us to do another sample last week to make sure the blood was gone. Since we were gone, I didn't get the sample in until yesterday and they called me today with the results of the culture which were positive this time. There was more blood in this sample, but that could be due to the infection. So we start another round of antibiotics this evening and go back to the doc on Monday. I'm wondering if this UTI could have been caused by the VCUG she had done last month. A lady at my church had that procedure done and said they put her on antibiotics either just before or just after the VCUG and she was surprised that they didn't do that with Big Girl. Anyways, I'm hoping to get some answers from the doc Monday. The good news is that the discomfort that she was complaining about just before vacation and some while on vacation seems to have eased and she hasn't mentioned it the last few days. I'm praying that the antibiotics will knock it out before she has any more discomfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh,that is too bad it has come back.Sure hope it is taken care of this time by the antibiotics,and she won't be bothered by it anymore.Oh our poor girl.I feel bad for her and the discomfort she feels with it.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July!!!!!
ReplyDelete